Lost Creek Lake North- 3.30.18 Scouting Trip

Photos by John and Rich

Having hiked the first section on Monday, Rich and John decided to hike the whole danged thing to see what condition it was in. 

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

The Good- Hurt Creek and the water fall were extraordinary. You look up and think you have seen the whole waterfall then notice it starts hundreds of feet higher. One of the best views in Oregon. It is hikeable for the Monday Group but a few minor obstacles to overcome. Recommend bringing gardening knee pads in case you want to go under rather than over. 

The Bad- We hit quite a bit of deadfall, most manageable, but there are brief spots where blackberries are a pain in the derrier. They tend to grab your feet. Not a big problem. 

The Ugly: At the head of the Lake we hit a tree trunk up to our noses with no possibility to go around or under. Rich, now an accomplished gymnast, risked his vital organs and over he went. I figured an 80% chance of success and a 20% chance of an serious outcome and declined. In any case we had gone too far and did 11.7 miles up and back. This resulted in a delirious high 5 at the parking lot.

We returned to Chez Kerr where we did some emptying of a Cartwright growler. I sent this in for posting due to pictures (some of flowers) and the info on the trail. Hurd Creek is doable and about 8 miles return.

Ashland Hiking Home

IMG_2688.jpg
IMG_2688.jpg
IMG_2689.jpg
IMG_2689.jpg
IMG_2690.jpg
IMG_2690.jpg
IMG_2691.jpg
IMG_2691.jpg
IMG_2692.jpg
IMG_2692.jpg
IMG_2693.jpg
IMG_2693.jpg
IMG_2694.jpg
IMG_2694.jpg
IMG_2695.jpg
IMG_2695.jpg
IMG_2697.jpg
IMG_2697.jpg
IMG_2701.jpg
IMG_2701.jpg
IMG_2704.jpg
IMG_2704.jpg
IMG_2705.jpg
IMG_2705.jpg
IMG_2706.jpg
IMG_2706.jpg
IMG_2711.jpg
IMG_2711.jpg
image001.jpg
image001.jpg
image002.jpg
image002.jpg
image003.jpg
image003.jpg
image004.jpg
image004.jpg
image005.jpg
image005.jpg
image006.jpg
image006.jpg
image007.jpg
image007.jpg
image008.jpg
image008.jpg